Medical Lab Technicians and Technologists
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT): also referred to as Clinical Laboratory Science professional, Medical Technologist and Medical Laboratory Scientist.
Brief Job Description: The Medical laboratory technicians perform complex tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. These professionals are responsible for supporting and assisting doctors/ scientists in their day to day working in a variety of roles. They function as the main support to biomedical scientists in pathology laboratories.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: - Class XII in Science Or Level 3 Phlebotomy with experience of minimum three years in the laboratory setup.
Title of unit or other component or course content:-
• Correctly collect, transport, receive, accept or reject and store blood samples
• Conduct analysis of body fluids/ samples
• Maintain, operate and clean laboratory equipment
• Provide technical information about test results
• Prepare and document medical tests and clinical results
• Establish and monitor quality assurance programs
• Supervise and guide other laboratory Job Details Qualifications Pack Medical Laboratory Technician 3 personnel
• Conduct research under guidance
• Assist in fine needle aspiration cytology
• Ensure availability of medical and diagnostic supplies
• Act within the limits of one’s competence and authority
• Work effectively with others
• Manage work to meet requirements
• Maintain a safe, healthy, and secure working environment
• Practice Code of conduct while performing duties
• Follow biomedical waste disposal protocols
• Follow infection control policies and procedures
• Monitor and assure quality and authority